Movieman49

Bringing you movie reviews, scripts, and everything else that has to do with Film and Television!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Movie Review: Valentine's Day


So today I went to see Valentine's Day. Even though I heard some of the critics didn't appreciate the movie, I overall thought it was good.

I felt like the writers, Katherine Fugate, Abby Kohn, Marc Silverstein, did a very good job of connecting all the characters to each other throughout the story. Towards the middle of act two, the story became pretty predictable.

Usually when a story contains this many characters, there are bound to be holes. From what I saw, they covered everything from beginning to end.

Earlier this week a review on Taylor Swift's performance came out. From what I remember they criticized her acting. I personally thought it was good for the ditsy role she was given. As for the rest of the cast, they had good performances as well.

So down to the main interest for me: the comedy. This is listed as a romantic comedy. While it has its moments, I could not call this a comedy. For me I find almost anything funny, but this just didn't cut it.

Overall I loved how the writers pieced together all the characters into one story, and how each was connected. This was a good movie to go and see as a date movie or Valentine's Day movie, but other than that, wait for it on DVD.

***3 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment