Movieman49

Bringing you movie reviews, scripts, and everything else that has to do with Film and Television!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

American Beauty

Ok so last night I saw American beauty for the first time. Let me start off by saying wow. Allan Ball, the screenwriter did such a great job in writing that screenplay. He was able to capture the lives of these people so perfectly I couldnt help but smile when it was all over.

As usual Kevin Spacey was superb. His character arc was easy to follow and it all comes full circle when he realizes what he’s been striving for this whole time.

(SPOILER)

When he meets his doom its perfect because we realize that he is for the first time, in a long time, actually happy. The ending in its self threw me off for a second. It was excellent though.

We know from the first couple of lies in the movie that Spacey is going to die. SO through the whole movie we’re sitting there wondering, when is this going to happen?

Towards the end of ACT TWO when we realize the day that he dies has arrived, you get ready for it to happen. You dont know when, all you know is its going to. I was on the edge of my seat.

Overall this was the exact movie that us young filmmakers strive for. This was an almost perfect movie and I would have to give it two thumbs up.

If you want to be good at screenwriting read the script. See how the subtext is near perfect and the writing just flows. If you are interested in the script, shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment