Movieman49

Bringing you movie reviews, scripts, and everything else that has to do with Film and Television!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

CHARLIE KAUFMAN DAY!



I was thinking after posting Being John Malkovich last night, and I decided that we would dedicate today to being Charlie Kaufman Day! He is one of the most influential writers of our day. His movies usually revolve around real people (Himself-Adaptation, Malkovich-Being John Malkovich, Chuck Barris-Confessions of A Dangerous Mind). He is one of the most inventive writers of all time with some of the most original stories. I give you, Charlie Kaufman. Enjoy!

BEING JOHN MALKOVICH (yesterday's script, download from there)

HUMAN NATURE

CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND

ADAPTATION.

ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND

SYNECDOCHE, NY

A SCANNER DARKLY (unproduced, 1997)

8 comments:

  1. I knew Richard Linklater wrote and directed A SCANNER DARKLY, but I had no idea Kaufman wrote an early draft of it.
    I loved that movie. I remember it had a limited release when it came out (no Regal Cinema for that one -- at least not in my city). I can't tell you how many times I've watched it on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Kaufman had originally wrote a draft in like 1997 but it didn't go anywhere. I think Linklater took control of it in early 2000s when the project was just dead. Haven't seen it yet and want something good to see. It worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely. It's a very cool movie. The "scramble suits" the narcs wear are badass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then I will go and pick it up today. I've been waiting for a good movie. The last good movie I watched was 21 grams which was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I watched it earlier today. It took me a little while to get into do to the character drawing effect, but overall I thought it was good. I liked how the drug consumes him. I kinda saw the end of how he was the guy but that was no big deal.

    And yea the scramble suits were badass. I wish those existed in our world today! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. A friend of mine said the same thing -- he had a difficult time getting into it because of the rotoscoping technique they used.
    I could be wrong, but I always thought the reason they did that was to allow the viewer to "see" the world through the Substance D abuser's eyes -- this hyper-colored hallucinogenic altered state.
    Anyway, I'm glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yea to be honest with you I didnt even think of that. That is a good point though. I thought it could have had something to do with the changing suits and stuff - make it easier on the post prod team

    ReplyDelete