Movieman49

Bringing you movie reviews, scripts, and everything else that has to do with Film and Television!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Reactions

My Oscar reactions are pretty basic. I had a feeling the people who won would win. The one that threw me, like most people, was for best adapted screenplay. I did not see Precious winning that one. I thought that would go to either Up in The Air or District 9.

Also I felt like Tarantino got snubbed when it came to best original screenplay. I know how good The Hurt Locker was, but I felt like Inglourious Basterds deserved it more, especially with all the allegations towards The Hurt Locker.

Best picture and best director in my eyes go hand in hand. It was great seeing The Hurt Locker and Kathrine Bigelow win. I thought that The Hurt Locker truly was the best movie this year. Avatar was visually great, but lacked in story I felt. The Hurt Locker had it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment